Sunday, March 20, 2011

TRAVEL PLAN

"Traveling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy." --Fanny Burney

There is said to be nowhere as beautiful as the coast of Italy. While many tourists flood to the historical sites in Rome, Venice and Florence my dream vacation is to travel to the Amalfi coast. Departing from Toronto (YYZ) six hours ago I am due to land in Rome (ROM) within the hour. After claiming my bags I will get on a local shuttle that will take me to the Rome train station located downtown. Trains run to the Naples Central Station almost every forty five minutes so if I happen to run into any delays I will be safe. I have been warned to watch all my belongings on the train as it is flooded with local gypsies. Naples is known for it's thieves and ties with the Mafia. After an hour boat ride from the Naples Central station (55 km) I am due to arrive along the Amalfi Coast in Campania, Italy where Positano and Capri are located. My main purpose for this trip is leisure and relaxation similar to the  rich and famous Europeans who flock to the coast in search of sun and romance.


Above: I will experience Naples, Positano, Capri, and Pompeii on my dream vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment