Sunday, March 20, 2011

MY DREAM VACATION: POSITANO

Being second generation Italian, it is my dream to see all of Italy. In the past I have travelled to Rome, Venice, Florence, and Tuscany. My father was born in Sorrento, a little town in Naples that I've always dreamed of seeing. He told me the area has changed a great deal over the last fifty years. Positano was a relatively poor fishing village during the first half of the 20th century. It began to attract large numbers of tourists in the 1950s. For as long as I can remember, my relatives on my father's side have raved over how breathtaking Positano and the entire Amalfi coast is. I am excited to visit both Positano, Capri and the many beautiful islands that are located off the Sorrentine Penninsula.

The Southern coast of Italy to be, embodies every facet of a worthy vacation locale. History, culture, relaxation, night life, breathtaking scenery, the Mediterranean Sea, and best of all - local Italian women. These are a few factors that contributed to me planning a trip to Italy's Amalfi Coast, more specifically Positano and Capri, my dream destinations.

This blog is a guide to my dream vacation. It will give you a glimpse into what I believe is the perfect vacation.



Above: A view of Positano's hillside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment