Sunday, March 20, 2011

CAPRI: THE MAGICAL ISLAND

After enjoying all the festivities of Positano I would plan a day trip to the magical island Capri. My palazzo Le Sirenuse would make this very convenient providing optimal service with private yachts to travel to and from the island according to my schedule. It is about a 30 minute boat ride (11 miles). Located in the Campania region it has a population of 12,200. With all the top designer stores in the area of Piazza Vittorio I would freshen up on my shopping here. Hopefully finding some new overpriced outfits by the top Italian designers to wear to Music on the Rocks that night. Travelling with first class privileges guarantees me to not be stranded on the island due to delays in local infrastructure. The hired yacht will provide tours of the natural historical sights out at sea surrounding Capri. This reflects the spontaneity of my dream vacation where I am free to explore at my own will. This differs from a Disney Cruise where the travellers are confined to the boat and captain. The adventure to Capri will be pleasant if the sea is not rough.  


Monte Solaro:


I plan on riding the chairlift from sea level to the top of Monte Solaro, the highest point in Capri. Here I'd come upon views of all the island's cliffs and surrounding sea. The chairlift ride up would also provide a splendid view of Anacapri and the Gulf of Naples. I plan on enjoying a drink at one of the solariums up here and visiting the remains of the Fortino di Bruto: A blockhouse built in the early 19th century during the battles between England and France. 




Above: Miltary remains at the Fortino di Bruto.


Villa Jovis:

Located on the main island of Capri it is the largest and best preserved of the island's Roman villas. Not much is left of the miniature town but I still feel it would be fascinating to see where the Roman Empire once ruled from. 


Above: A bird's eye view of the remnants of the Villa Jovis.

The Faraglioni:

The Faraglioni are three blocks of rock which stick out 100 metres from the water. It is characterized by a cavaity, a natural tunnel which has become famous throughout the world.




Above: A  view of the Faraglioni rock's from sea.


After a day spent at Capri I would head back to Positano and prepare for my last full day. Saving the best for last, the preserved city of Pompei. 

No comments:

Post a Comment